Three cheers for the Food and Drug Administration’s proposed nutrition label. (Wall Street Journal: Food Nutritional Labels Set for New Look). Consumers want clear, realistic and easy-to-understand information. Unfortunately, the processed food industry is not as interested in letting us know how many calories we consume and the extra sugar they put into so much food unnecessarily. I don’t understand why sugar needs to be added to peanut butter, for example. Even if relatively few consumers read this information, its presence puts pressure on the food industry to pay more attention to nutrition and health. I hope consumers’ interest will win out on this. What do you think?
- @CathyWurzer I logged in at 5:01 and it took 43 minutes to register. No complaint at all. The process went smoothly… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- RT @davidaxelrod: This is a pretty explicit threat to @GOP senators from Trump: Convict me and I may launch 3d party. "’it's completely up… 1 day ago
- @CathyWurzer Well done! 2 days ago
- RT @CathyWurzer: Thank you David! We're honored to be one of the most listened to stations in the market. 2 days ago
- RT @mtosterholm: Thank you to all the MN Dept of Health and State of MN staff who made it possible for me to get my COVID-19 vaccination ye… 2 days ago