Three cheers for the Food and Drug Administration’s proposed nutrition label. (Wall Street Journal: Food Nutritional Labels Set for New Look). Consumers want clear, realistic and easy-to-understand information. Unfortunately, the processed food industry is not as interested in letting us know how many calories we consume and the extra sugar they put into so much food unnecessarily. I don’t understand why sugar needs to be added to peanut butter, for example. Even if relatively few consumers read this information, its presence puts pressure on the food industry to pay more attention to nutrition and health. I hope consumers’ interest will win out on this. What do you think?
- Yeah! twitter.com/amyklobuchar/s… 1 day ago
- @amyklobuchar @senatorragan @SSteckman @pamjohnsoncorn Yeah! 1 day ago
- RT @amyklobuchar: Stop 12 on the #AllOfAmerica tour -- an overflowing meet and greet in Jasper County! And a helpful (and tall) Rep. @WesBr… 1 month ago
- RT @amyklobuchar: Last night I visited the @DemsGuthrie for their Fall Dinner — stop 10 on our #AllOfAmerica Bus Tour across Iowa! We don’t… 1 month ago
- RT @maddow: This ought to be a fairly somber reckoning moment for the American news industry re 2016. I don't think it will, but it ought… 1 month ago