This New York Times op-ed piece, A Texas History Lesson, by Ellen Bresler Rockmore, a lecturer in the Institute for Writing and Rhetoric at Dartmouth, exposes how some Texas history books blunt the cruelty and ugliness of slavery. Well worth a read.
- RT @WernerErhardsFr: "The power of taking one’s self to be constituted by one’s word becomes even clearer when examined in light of the fac… 1 day ago
- RT @alexdgreenfield: @amyklobuchar Rare pic of Senator Klobuchar making her way to this morning's first event. https://t.co/HRfL9R31Ma 1 day ago
- RT @amyklobuchar: Good idea but they wouldn’t allow snowmobiles on I-35W...But we did drive down to Des Moines last night in the middle of… 1 day ago
- RT @WernerErhardsFr: One’s word to one’s self is a critical part of one’s word. By not being serious when we give our word to ourselves, we… 1 week ago
- RT @tribelaw: Senators planning to vote NO Bolton subpoena better start imagining how they’ll look when Bolton finally tells all about the… 1 week ago