This Story Corps conversation, recorded in Boise, Idaho between Liza Long and her 13-year-old son she calls Michael, which is not his real name, is nothing short of extraordinary for its frankness. Most anyone who isn’t in this situation can gain a new level of appreciation for what life is like with a mental illness. I love the lack of judgment that they have for each other. But a broader question arises here for me. What would the world be like if every parent and child could talk so candidly with each other about what doesn’t work in their lives. Clearly, to do that love must be in the background.
- RT @factcheckdotorg: Trump falsely claimed that Biden called Blacks “super-predators.” Actually, that was a phrase famously uttered by Hill… 13 minutes ago
- @CathyWurzer It’s definitely tough! 22 minutes ago
- RT @KyndellHarkness: Today it was officially announced that I will be the new assistant managing editor for diversity and community @StarTr… 1 hour ago
- RT @PreetBharara: The tax code sucks 1 hour ago
- RT @CathyWurzer: Good info here from @SahanJournal 1 hour ago