This Story Corps conversation, recorded in Boise, Idaho between Liza Long and her 13-year-old son she calls Michael, which is not his real name, is nothing short of extraordinary for its frankness. Most anyone who isn’t in this situation can gain a new level of appreciation for what life is like with a mental illness. I love the lack of judgment that they have for each other. But a broader question arises here for me. What would the world be like if every parent and child could talk so candidly with each other about what doesn’t work in their lives. Clearly, to do that love must be in the background.
- @CathyWurzer I logged in at 5:01 and it took 43 minutes to register. No complaint at all. The process went smoothly… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- RT @davidaxelrod: This is a pretty explicit threat to @GOP senators from Trump: Convict me and I may launch 3d party. "’it's completely up… 1 day ago
- @CathyWurzer Well done! 2 days ago
- RT @CathyWurzer: Thank you David! We're honored to be one of the most listened to stations in the market. 2 days ago
- RT @mtosterholm: Thank you to all the MN Dept of Health and State of MN staff who made it possible for me to get my COVID-19 vaccination ye… 2 days ago