This article, “How to be gracious,” in Esquire reminds me of how much I love this word. Whenever I am feeling stingy or the little voice in my head is coming up with “small-minded” thoughts about someone, I can shake off my selfish and mean-spirited self if the word, “gracious” pops into my head. Then, it’s easy: Who would I rather be: mean-spirited or gracious? And the shift in mindset comes instantly. “Generous” is another powerful word that moves me to a higher order of thinking and being. What words move you to that higher place?
- RT @factcheckdotorg: Trump falsely claimed that Biden called Blacks “super-predators.” Actually, that was a phrase famously uttered by Hill… 23 minutes ago
- @CathyWurzer It’s definitely tough! 32 minutes ago
- RT @KyndellHarkness: Today it was officially announced that I will be the new assistant managing editor for diversity and community @StarTr… 2 hours ago
- RT @PreetBharara: The tax code sucks 2 hours ago
- RT @CathyWurzer: Good info here from @SahanJournal 2 hours ago