This article, “How to be gracious,” in Esquire reminds me of how much I love this word. Whenever I am feeling stingy or the little voice in my head is coming up with “small-minded” thoughts about someone, I can shake off my selfish and mean-spirited self if the word, “gracious” pops into my head. Then, it’s easy: Who would I rather be: mean-spirited or gracious? And the shift in mindset comes instantly. “Generous” is another powerful word that moves me to a higher order of thinking and being. What words move you to that higher place?
- RT @EricChalouxKSTP: The Floyd family got a call from the White House after verdict. @KSTP 1 day ago
- RT @MNAFLCIO: Statement on Derek Chauvin’s Conviction aflcio.mn/3ei15zs #1u #BlackLivesMatter https://t.co/7D6p2XzBQ4 1 day ago
- RT @SpeakerPelosi: Today is a solemn day in America. Join me and my colleagues at the United States Capitol as we stand in solidarity after… 1 day ago
- RT @SallyQYates: Hundreds of years of brutal racial injustice distilled in a 9 minute video where the world witnessed George Floyd’s life c… 1 day ago
- RT @LtGovFlanagan: https://t.co/Ucz829aWBH 1 day ago